CIU111: Week 3
I have had a part-time job since the age of 14 in grade 9. Jobs interviews were the scariest thing I have ever done at that age and I still get nervous now being a confident person. My parents gave me very useful advice of the years of me applying for jobs and when going to interviews. This advice is is very important to any job interview.
- Dress in smart business attire
- Act will behaved when working or getting interviewed
- Take a copy of your resume and cover letter (even if they don’t want it)
- Be confident when answering question or when asking them
- And don’t forget to be yourself and not someone else.
The advice above is what I have followed for the many job interviews I have had with Red Rooster, Jimbo and Co. Cafe, Civic Video (The best of all the jobs but not on the top of the list), Chidos and most recent Fruitful Online SEO (Search Engine Optimisation).
All the jobs I have listed above I have work for for 3 months to 3.5 years (each vary between that time frame). Over this time I have gain many skills from the interviews with the managers or even sometimes the boss of the business. With these skills I take them to each interview I get from the companies.
Overall going to job interviews maybe scary to some people out there in the world but it is something we all have to go through to get the job we wish for.
- Google Images: Interview Picture